Did you know Whitelee Windfarm has its own Countryside Ranger Service?
The Rangers are part of the joint East Renfrewshire, South Lanarkshire and East Ayrshire councils Whitelee Access Project and are based in a cabin beside the Visitor Centre and are here to help you enjoy the outdoors and make the most of your visit to Whitelee.
The rangers run an annual program and free activities and events – to find out whats on download their latest event guide from their webpages at: http://www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/whitelee-events
Would you like to learn more about walking and cycling in the area with your family? Maybe you wish to learn about the flora and fauna or history, on your doorstep with a school or interest group or perhaps you just fancy getting outdoors and stretching your legs? The Whitelee Rangers can help with all of this, simply give them a call, write them an email or visit them in person!
In person: Ranger Cabin beside the Visitor Centre
Via email: email@example.com
By phone: 0141 614 0962
Attending one of the rangers' events?
Some important information:
- Bookings for ranger events can be made by contacting the rangers directly on 0141 614 0962.
- All children must be accompanied by an adult on all events (including specific kid’s activities).
- For cycle events, please bring your own bike (preferably a mountain bike or similar) and helmet and ensure bicycle is in good working order.
- Please wear suitable clothing, bring waterproofs (even in summer!) and wear sturdy shoes or boots on all events.
- The rangers may take photographs on events, which may be used in promotional material. If you would rather not be included in these pictures, please tell one of the rangers before the event begins.
- Please see the Whitelee Countryside Rangers web pages (www.eastrenfrewshire.gov.uk/whitelee) for directions to events meeting points.
- All finsh times and distances are approximate and subject to change