Cycling at Whitelee Windfarm
Love cycling? Bring your bike to Whitelee! There’s more than 130kms of trails to explore for both a leisurely cycle and more adventurous rides. Afterwards you can lock your bike in our cycle store, have a refreshing shower and enjoy the café and exhibitions at the Visitor Centre.
We now also offer dedicated mountain bike trails at Whitelee Windfarm, developed and managed by East Renfrewshire Council. Located a short distance from the Visitor Centre, the mountain bike trails have something for every level of rider and some picnic benches and weather shelters for observers too! Maps can be collected from the Visitor Centre.
We also ask that you follow some simple guidelines:
- Before heading to the windfarm, make sure you are prepared for emergencies. Always carry a puncture repair kit, water and warm clothing.
- The turbine trails at Whitelee are unbound compacted stone,which can be loose in places. There are gradual and more severe inclines and declines – please make sure you ride to your ability at all times and you fully supervise children.
- There is a series of dedicated cycle tracks a short distance from the Visitor Centre. Please read the signage at the entrance of this facility to learn about the grading of each track.
- Stay alert and be aware of other users such as horse riders and walkers. Make sure you alert them to your presence and slow down when passing them.
- When overtaking a horse, make sure they are aware that you are about to do so and make an audible warning if necessary.
- Observe your surroundings at all times and watch out for potential dangers such as loose gravel, pot holes or any obstructions to the trails.
- Remain on the trails at all times and do not cycle on boggy,wet or soft ground.
- Keep yourself safe and make sure you don’t alarm or endanger others.